Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ahana

Ahana is a book shop in velachery , near aquatic building. I was fst attracted by the caption "let ur soul sing" on the shop. I was actually driving back home after visiting Raja's place. ( I had gone to Raja's place to see where it was loctaed and to set my bike rolling on a few places that i had never been to and was ashamed for the same reason)

It was my fst trip to that part of velachery. On my earlier trip i had ridden on the road frm guindy to vijaynagar thru the gurunanak college and taken the left to tcs , to attend a interview. This is was my fst ride on the 100ft rd. , on that bridge, and look at suth'lnd there. I was quite taken aback by the buildings and factory outlets on the 100 ft rd., the race course and that was when i came across that caption on the shop. Even that loxn was unique, it reminded me of of a place in delhi. i could smell that it was some thing spl.

It did live upto my expn and even surpassed it. The book lay out was b'ful. The one who had planned the lay out of the shop (space) and the books simply had put in common sense and beauty into everything , i thot......... until i came across a book published by Ahana books. It was only then that i discovered Ahana catered specially to women development related issues. Now my reverence for the place changed. It was repeling to know that they had a dogma. My fst impressions were that of a place of common sense, beauty and broad-mindedness...... but somehow this orientation exclusively to women development repelled me.

However i was very happy to have dropped in at that place and bought a atlas, a hitchcock movie cd and franz kafka's 'metamorphosis' to savour my fst feelings and appreciation for the place. I should also add that i was very impressed by the paper bag they gave me. I have always had a grudge against plastic bags and felt very happy when i was given this paper bag, made out of old newspaper and a jute string ( for handle).

No comments: