Sunday, July 8, 2007

Seven

There was alot of hype all around abot this day, 07/07/70, especially among the christian community. The church near our house was thronged by visitors ( all beautifully dressed, a feast for the eyes). I did not venture to find out wat was the occasion bcos i had to leave to attend a Christian congregation at St.George's ground ( Opp to Pachaiyappa's college). The meeting was called 'Seven', it seems they believed that this was a spl day on which they would be delivered. And my business there?, well, Gayathri was there.

The meeting was over crowded there was sparsely any place to stand. so it was impossible get near the stage. I could guess that she was on the stage as a part of the choir . but all those grls in the choir looked similar, that too from that distance i could not figure her out. There were giant screens put up, but they were focussing only on the pastor. But i wanted to see her. I wanted to see her expressions. i wanted to fill my heart with her, for she had not responded to my calls or msgs and made me yearn more for her.

I made my way thru the crowd to get near the stage, just a few steps ahead i could figure her out. I was content that i had studied her enof to figure her out from that distance and so very readily. I was very happy to get those first glimpses of her back. i was happy to recognise her mannerisms with her hair and relate them to wat i had studied. I stood there looking at that pic of beauty.

Whenever the choir was called upon to sing there was sudden surge of ecstasy in her face, she would look up at the sky and sing 'jesus' with a feeling of joy reflecting in her face. When the pastor called out for testimonials, she would look out eagerly to those testimonies. She would suddenly radiate with joy when they have given their testimony and the pastor calls out to everyone to thank god for the miracle. Otherwise she would look lost in the middle of nowhere.

She looked like a grl completely absorbed, amidst the crowd of activity. i was standing there amidst those believers , my eyes riveted on her enjoying the glimpse of her expressions.

They released a cd of prayers, 'for u alone , desperate' on the occassion. They showed a small of video of the making of the cd. i could see her in that video again absorbed and radiating love.

I stayed back after the meeting was over to see who she had come with. she was there with someone, i did not want to go upto her just to save my self from the embarassment of being ignored , i rather opted to stay ignored.

Otherwise about the congregation itself, i noticed that the youngsters were putting in a lot of passion and energy in to the carols they were singing. However certain happenings on the stage looked theatrical.

My heart only went out to Gai. I prayed for her to be blessed, for the kind of feelings she radiated while singing , for the energy she was putting into the songs. I just wished she finds the truth sooner. I wanted to hug her and shed all my love on her so that she would not have to seek anything at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Odd that she is called gayathri and is a christian.-vj